CALLING ALL CANINES AND COMPANIONS: Longmont Humane Society and our host, Dave Delozier, Photojournalist of Channel 9 News, invite all two-legged and four-legged friends for a day of fun and fund-raising for the homeless animals of the Longmont Humane Society. Ella’s Walk: In memory of Meredith Hope Emerson, is a family-friendly fundraiser that is sure to make tails wag!
Support the animals by creating a team or registering as an individual and start collecting pledges from friends and family. Create your own webpage at www.longmonthumane.org and start earning amazing prizes!
Registration begins at 8:30 am with a continental breakfast at the Boulder County Fairgrounds, Picnic Area from 8:30 am to 9:30 am. The three-mile walk will begin at 9:30 am; circling through Rogers Grove and Golden Ponds then back to the Fairgrounds.
Following the walk, Mutt Main Street Festival opens to offer the following:
- Dog-tastic demonstrations, live music, and over 30 pet-friendly merchants.
- Food and drink offerings featuring Lefthand Brewing Company.
- Tons of kid-friendly activities.
- Canine Good Citizen testing allowing dogs and their owners the opportunity to demonstrate their good manners.
- Low-cost micro chipping and nail trimming.
- Special event features include a canine flash mob performance, canine DNA testing, adoptable pet parade, pet-friendly photo booth and more.
Don’t delay; begin collecting pledges today! Register online for free at www.longmonthumane.org or call 303-772-1232 ext. 286.