Things I expect the 2020 Democratic nominee to support:
- Return the U.S. to the Paris Climate Accords, fast-track climate change measures domesticallyReturn the U.S. to the JCPOA
- ERA: It’s 4 decades overdue. Renew it, expand it to include race, religion, gender, etc., push it hard, pass it. Git ‘er
- Double-down on rectifying GOP ObamaCare sabotage, promote healthcare for ALL
- Establish fair working wage job standards
- Declare all out war on Citizens United. Draft a Constitutional Amendment that would regulate money in politics
- Challenge the NRA at every turn, push for a ban on military-style weapons from public ownership
- Fire every single functionary leftover from the Trump administration: CLEAN HOUSE! Fumigate, if necessary
- Abolish the tariffs
- Restore our commitment to NATO. Beg Canada, Mexico, Australia, our European allies to forgive us for our arrogance and bravado… even China
- Propose (internally) standards to deal with any future nations that attempt to interfere in our elections
- Reinstate the Fairness Doctrine
- Restart normalization of relations with Cuba. Offer olive branch to some other ostracized nations, even Iran, Venezuela, in exchange for specific diplomatic goals: Eliminate “my way or the highway” global U.S. attitude
- Declare war on RACISM, white supremacism. Establish defined parameters for race-based and faith-based terrorism
- Renew our commitment to a Two-State solution in the Middle East. Make any potential foreign aid to 👉🏼 either side 👈🏼 contingent upon it. Demand compliance with U.N. resolutions 242 and 338
- Make nepotism on a Federal level punishable by law
- Require all future Presidents, Supreme Court Justices, Senators, Congressmen/women to submit to a mental evaluation before they can serve
- Require all future Presidents, Supreme Court Justices, Senators, Congressmen/women to make their tax records public before they can serve
- Fund green programs, infrastructure, etc., restore all Obama era environmental, Interior Department, National Parks protections
- Restore the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to previous administration’s vision. Regulate payday lenders. Unless she’s elected POTUS 46, insist that the job be given to Sen. Elizabeth Warren.
But… but Bruce! If we do all that, then NO Republicans will crossover and vote Democratic! It’s just
That’s 👉🏼 the POINT! 👈🏼 If we do all that, we won’t NEED to woo them. We’ll win everyone else. Okay?
So what did I leave out? 🤔 Feel free to amend it. Is there anything on this list that’s so unreasonable, so radical, so batshit CRAZY that any of the Democratic candidates for President couldn’t embrace it?
Let the above (or a reasonably modified version of it) be the foundation for the official platform. Let’s build on it.